The Benchmarking is a process to evaluate and compare products, services or technical work, in order to improve our production processes, in short, look at the best businesses and people in your industry, and emulate them in order to be more profitable.
- Improving the production processes of our company. Making improvements in our manufacturing processes, better quality and profitability.
- Perceived quality.All improvements we apply in our company are aimed at increasing the quality that our customers perceive it, whether external or internal.
- Being the reference of our market. Applying best practices in our industry, we can become the benchmark in our industry.
- ‘s about seeing what works in other departments of your company and apply these same techniques to improve the processes improving your department.
- Competitive. Compare aspects of competition, whether product, marketing, customer service, etc … comparing their systems with ours and trying to apply those perceived advantages of facing our company.
- Functional. Is to observe the best practices of other companies that are in our industry but our competitors are not, and try to imitate their best developments.
- Here we look at the best in other industries, whether companies or individuals , to try to apply their best formulas for success. We can always learn something from companies like Google, Amazon, Apple or Zara, for example.
- Planning. Identify business and how we collect data.
- Analysis. Compare the most votes from other companies with our processes.
- Integration. Analyze our goals based on the information collected.
- Implementation of plans and actions for process improvement.
- Observe these new processes and analyze whether they have been effective or not.
Types of benchmarking
Steps of benchmarking
In summary, benchmarking not try to copy the same plans of competition and other companies, if not try to emulate their best practices, methods and strategies to become the best. If you still do not use this type of technique, you may be missing opportunities to grow and improve.