If you run a blog and have a rate of roughly constant publication, you will have occurred on occasion to ask yourself how much time do you spend. If you use a free blogging platform like blogspot or WordPress.com, you can save part time technical work such as installation or improvements, but you lose a lot of possibilities if you have no self-control, plus it is unprofessional especially if you devote to work related to Digital Marketing.
I’m going to state the three main sections where we invest more time bloggers:
You know that content is king, so this task will be the most time consuming you in your blogging work. Here it can be divided into two subsections.
- Prepare post. This will include the choice of topic that we will discuss, multimedia elements that we will include as photographs, videos, presentations, etc … The important thing here is to try not to lose much time in the choice of these elements, for example we can serve banks free images to give us this work.
- Content development. This point is the most time consuming and we will have to take is where your skills as a writer to try to make your content as attractive as possible for your readers.
Here I devote at least 65% of time you dedicate to your blog.
This category would include any promotional work to do to try to spread our blog and its contents.Would includes:
- Social Networking. Promotion on different social media networks is one of the most important to try to spread our blog and content parts.
- Creating links. Do not forget the part of link building authority in order to create your space in the web of the Internet; here we can include guest articles we produce to other websites.
- Comments on blogs. Especially if you open a blog , one of the best techniques is to introduce you to interact commenting on other blogs, so yes, always providing something of value. Also do not forget to answer the comments that you make on your own.
- Subscriber acquisition. Do not forget to prepare your blog to engage your readers to the following items.
- Sending newsletters via email marketing.If you have representative database subscribers, you must convey to your readers by publishing the email or post periodic summaries. You have to use any of the professional email platforms and time consuming in the realization of these newsletters.
These tasks Marketing, you take another important part of your dedication, roughly 25-30% of your time.
If you use any free platform, you just go to consume time on these tasks, but if you are a professional blogger and using some of the most popular CMS and WordPress.org, you’ll have to take care of such tasks as:
- Initial installation. You can consume about how many hours in this first phase of the start of your blog, if you have little technical knowledge, is best left to a professional.
- Template design and installation of plugins. This is work that will go from making your first post, choose a suitable and eye-catching design with various features and extensions you want to apply on your website, here it is best to test and make sure it works properly.
- Never forget to make backups of your blog, but you can automate this task, always is good to have this information available to avoid surprises.
If you are good at computers, with 5-10% devote time to this part, it would be enough.
If you’re a blogger, I would like your opinion on this classification task duration of blogging or if you will include most any function.